Monday, October 11, 2010

Prayers

I'm not proud of the fact that I'm not a religious person.  I do believe in God and Jesus and I do pray everyday.  I just don't go to church anymore.  I'm not sure why. It's probably laziness more than anything.  I grew up in a church, but for some reason, I just didn't carry on in my adult life.

Every Sunday morning I wake up with the intention to change that, but it just hasn't happened yet.  I want to raise my son in a church and I will.  We just haven't, as a family, found a church where we are comfortable. It will happen though, because I will pray about it and God will guide us.

I pray with Maddox every night.  We usually just say a basic prayer and ask that our family is kept safe and  that those out there going through hard times will find peace.  But over time,  I've written a few specific prayers just for my son.  I've never shared them with anyone.  Not even him.  But I will today.

To my sweet baby boy,

I pray that you sleep soundly tonight.

I pray that you wake with a smile.

I pray that you are always a good boy.

I pray that you grow up wanting to make a difference in this world.

I pray that you are always safe.

I pray that you are grateful for your family and everyone who loves you.

I pray that when you look at me, you feel love.

I pray that you always trust me.

I pray that you do good things with your life.

I pray that you are compassionate.

I pray that you love animals.

I pray that you will pray for others who are less fortunate than you.

I pray that you learn how to forgive.

I pray that you learn something new everyday.

I pray that you have the courage to handle any challenge that life brings to you.

I pray that you understand that I am your parent, not your friend.

I pray that you are honest.

I pray that you know how proud I am to be your mother.

I pray that Jesus is a part of your life.

I pray that you are never to proud to ask for help.

I pray that you one day experience the joys and hardships that come from raising your own children.

No comments:

Post a Comment